Aardvark Swift are working with Deep Silver Fishlabs in their search for a Technical Director to oversee the engineering efforts on one of their new projects.
Part of the Koch Media Group, Deep Silver Fishlabs and their sister studios are known for crafting award-winning and hugely popular immersive gaming experiences for more than 15 years. Notable titles including Saints Row, Galaxy on Fire and their recent title, Chorus.
As the new technical Director you'll be building and coaching their team, making sure a sound technical roadmap and vision are in place alongside a drive to strengthen the quality and performance standards, with a view of pushing the studio's titles to be the best they can technically be.
As Technical Director, you will...
- Build and develop the studio's technical vision and strategy
- Collaborate with fellow Directors directors to oversee and manage the engineering team
- Take a hand in scoping and scheduling projects
- Optimise the technical setup and infrastructure of the studio
- Supervise the performance and quality of the studio's code
- Put in place standards and roadmaps and ensure best practices are met and shared across departments and studios
- Work with teams to create the best technology possible
- Source and determine the suitability of new technologies/products
- Locate and minimise technical risks
- Mentor technical leads and manage team members
- Provide career growth plans to our engineers and leads
- Guide, build and inspire a highly effective and innovative engineering team
- Build internal and external relationships
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- 7+ years in a technical leadership role
- 1 or more shipped console/PC AA - AAA title
- 15+ years experience in software development
- Substantial and direct C++ experience, with knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Well versed in different areas of game development
- Comfortable and experienced in development, optimising and debugging for PC/console
- A background with technical infrastructure and tools
- Good software engineering practices
- A history in recruiting for and developing teams
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong communication and leadership toolbox
Bonus points if you have skills and experience with...
- Unreal Engine
- Multi-platform titles
- Remote teams
This position will require relocation to Hamburg and to be onsite on a weekly basis.