We’re supporting Splash Damage with their search for a Tools Programmer.
Splash Damage create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the tools engineering discipline are responsible for creating, maintaining, and extending tools that assist project development team and provide the solid framework for their studio wide development.
As a Tools Programmer, you will focus on creating, extending, and maintaining a collection of standalone tools and pipelines built with C#. You will collaborate closely with developers from all disciplines to gather requirements and design, develop and iterate on engineering solutions and architectures that are robust, powerful, intuitive and versatile.
You excel at…
- Interacting with developers from all disciplines
- Gathering requirements in order to develop and maintain tools and pipelines
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, reliable, maintainable, performant and portable code
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members
- The functional design of effective tools, including usability and reliability
- Taking ownership of specific tools over their entire life cycle, from early design stages to post-release support
You will bring the following to the role…
- Professional experience with tools engineering to a production standard
- Strong practical knowledge of C# or similar languages and WPF or similar UI systems, with relevant professional experience
- Strong data design skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and maths background
Even better if you have experience of…
C# and WPF, Processing text file formats (Text, JSON, XML etc), Calling REST API’s from code, Perforce and TeamCity, Python, Unreal Engine 4.
This is an opportunity to represent one of the heavyweights of the UK gaming industry, few other studios can offer what Splash Damage can in terms of projects, benefits, and flexibility in working.