We’re working with Free Radical Design to support their search for a Tools Programmer.
The studio origins can be traced back to the late 1990's when, several colleagues working at Rare, left to form Free Radical Design. Building upon their experience of creating GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64, Free Radical Design's debut title was the much-loved TimeSplitters for the PlayStation 2. TimeSplitters 2 followed and as the studio's success grew - as did its size, with multiple teams working on Second Sight, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Haze.
Fast forwarding to the present date, Free Radical Design have teamed up with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios to spark the next game in the TimeSplitters franchise. Despite having close links to DS Dambuster, they are managing the project independently. What this means for you is the chance to work on a AAA style game while reaping the benefits of the indie studio office vibe.
The studio has a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Experience in the software development cycle
- Experience in source control, automatic building, and unit testing tools
- Good knowledge of C++
- Experience with quality assurance process
- Knowledge of game development pipelines and a strong interest in game technology development
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Non-essential but desirable skills…
- Degree in Computer Science or similar subject
- Experience with Unreal engine
- Very good knowledge of one or more of: Infrastructure provisioning and system administration, pipeline tools development, integration tools development, monitoring tools development, data processing tools.
- Experience with next-gen game platforms
- Experience with web services
- Familiarity with agile principles