An exciting opportunity has opened at Codemasters' Birmingham studio for a UI Software Engineer to join the team behind the award-winning official Formula 1 franchise.
You will be working in close collaboration with the UI Art Team and the game developers, and since their UI programmers utilise their fully bespoke GUI Tools with C++, this is an opportunity for you to learn the power of this tech (training provided) , all you need to do is bring your flare and problem-solving expertise to implement new UI solutions for both in-game features and navigation!
As a racing specialist, Codemasters' games are rich with detailed, informative content and data delivered in 2D. Their environment offers a unique set of challenges to present user access to mission-critical material though logical, intuitive and responsive user journeys. Deeply embedded into the user experience both on and off-track, and because UI performance is integral to gameplay, you will be fully involved in shaping player dynamics right at the heart of their games.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Taking an active part in the game design process working with designers and other development departments
- Converting GUI designs into technical specifications and implementing resulting generic technology as well as project specific code/logic
- Testing and refining GUI features during the development process
- Working with and supporting other programmers to interface with all project subsystems exposing data to the GUI, including gameplay, networking and physics
- Profiling and maintaining existing game code
- Working closely with the Technical Director, department leads and programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents
The skills and experience you'll need...
- A specialisation in C++ programming for console and/or mobile game development
- Proven expertise and understanding of GUI and gameplay systems implementation
- Credits on at least on title with the completion of the full development lifecycle of the above
- A background with object-oriented design, data-driven systems and their implementation
- Good debugging abilities
Just some of the benefits of working with Codemasters include...
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private health and dental plans for you and your family
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games each year
- Incredible peer community of top flight programmers in the games industry
- State of the art studio and facilities and much more!