Aardvark Swift are looking for a VFX Artist to join the team at Free Radical Design to work on an exciting and cutting-edge project.
Free Radical Design have a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment. The studio’s origins can be traced back to the late 90's when, several developers at Rare left to form their own studio: Free Radical Design.
Building upon their experience of creating GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64, Free Radical Design's debut title was the much-loved TimeSplitters for the PlayStation 2. TimeSplitters 2 followed and as the studio's success grew - as did its size, with multiple teams working on Second Sight, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Haze.
You will be able to bring most of the following to this role…
- Understanding of game design and player feedback requirements for visuals
- Excellent visual language skills to create distinctive effects
- Extensive experience with Unreal, Visual Effects editors and particle systems
- Strong technical art skillset to aid in innovative VFX usage and integration with other systems
- Working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
- Experience as an animator, modeler and/or texture artist a plus
- Effective communication skills
In return the studio offers an excellent salary, work environment and a range of perks and benefits.