Cinematic Animator (Hybrid Options)
Supermassive Games are seeking a Cinematic Animator to work on their exciting new projects!
Supermassive Games are a BAFTA winning game studio who develop innovative storytelling titles. With a number of successful titles under their belt Supermassive are best known for their critically acclaimed hits such as Until Dawn and their recent release, The Quarry.
You will be responsible for a creating and editing key-frame animation and editing mocap data for in-game characters and sequences, to provide high-quality content for their games currently in production.
- Following an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- Interpret storyboards and take them through to final animation
- Create and iterate believable key-framed performances for both humans and creatures
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5 or more years of experience as an animator, working on at least one AAA game
- Able to clean up and enhance motion captured performances
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in animating game characters, vehicles and objects.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high-quality animations.
- Solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc.)
- Experience working with and editing mocap data
- Strong staging and block-out skills, with a good eye for character posing
- Previous experience with Maya and MotionBuilder, or equivalent
- Experience of character rigs and facial animation solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
Perks and benefits include…
- Pension and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Social events including the famously large summer party
Supermassive make big games with small teams and pride themselves on their supportive, inclusive, and friendly culture where work-life balance is both respected and protected. The studio celebrates and nurtures their team members and seeks to constantly improve tools and workflows so they can focus on creativity, further supported by fast decision-making to allow good ideas to flourish.