Junior Graphics Programmer
- Posted 23 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameJoe Sutcliffe
Aardvark Swift are looking for a Junior Graphics Programmer on behalf of Free Radical Design. If you're passionate about creating stunning graphics and visual effects for video games, this is the opportunity for you!
Free Radical Design offers a dynamic and creative work environment, where you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with a talented team. The studio has a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment.
As a Junior Graphics Programmer at Free Radical Design, you'll have the exciting task of engineering the systems and modules that build the structure of the project. You'll work closely with designers and artists to implement the technical specifications for the game code and be responsible for analysing performance, resolving bugs, and developing tools for other departments.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Strong experience using Unreal Engine, its interface, and C++
- Competent Unreal Engine Blueprint ability, including bug-finding tools and methods
- Good understanding of software design and how to structure reusable blocks of code
- Ability to work independently and solve problem
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience with GLSL, HLSL and networking within Unreal Engine is a plus
- Proficiency in Bash or Python programming is a bonus
Please note that this is a full-time, permanent, in-studio role based in the United Kingdom. Overseas candidates may be eligible for sponsorship support, subject to the eligibility criteria of the UK Visa and Immigration service.