Free Radical Design is making the next iteration in the much-loved classic Timesplitters and are looking for a Landscape and Terrain Artist to join them on their journey.
Having a keen eye for landscapes, cityscapes, geography and composition of props, you’ll have the skills to understand how artwork is optimised to run in a real-time 3D environment/game engine.
- Work effectively on your own and also with other environment artists
- Communicate well as part of a team and with other departments such as code, design, and the production team
- Confident in sharing your work and progress regularly, whilst offering help to others
- Show initiative in your communication and work, when appropriate
- Follow a technical specification or conceptual design in your work
- Write effectively for documentation, being concise and organised, and making use of imagery and reference where appropriate to convey information
- Strong experience using the terrain tools within game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- Familiarity with digital content creation tools such as Blender (preferred), Maya, or 3DS Max
- Knowledge of other tools such as ZBrush and Substance Designer
- Knowledge of tools such as World Machine and Houdini is a bonus
- Experience with Unreal Engine Blueprints is also a plus
- Relocation support
- Enhanced parental pay and leave
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Candidate referral bonus
- Company outings and free amenities in the office
Free Radical Design requires the successful candidate to be based in the United Kingdom, for overseas candidates, sponsorship support may be offered considering the role and that the candidate can satisfy the eligibility criteria of the UK Visa and Immigration service.