We are supporting CI Games in their search for a Network Programmer.
Founded in 2002, CI Games has been creating globally recognised games for 20 years with their most popular franchise, Sniper Warrior, selling over 14 million copies! They currently have several exciting projects in the pipeline in Unreal Engine 5.
- Write and develop robust maintainable engine code
- Implement features across all current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling, and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Integrate APIs such as PlayStation Network, XBOX Live, and Steamworks
- Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers
- Respond to feature requests and bug reports from game development staff
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and how they can benefit
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Unreal Engine GAS experience
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself and work with a large existing codebase
- Strong debugging, profiling, optimising, system design, and 3D math skills
- Good communication and teamwork with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and interest in networking, online gaming, and use of third-party multiplayer APIs
- Flexible core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
CI Games include attractive remuneration, holidays, and social events. Their studio’s inclusive environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
This role also offers remote homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world whist you learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming forever!