Coatsink are searching for a Senior Rendering Programmer to work alongside the Senior Producer, Department Heads, and Project Leads to develop schedules, project plan and manage resource requirements for the full product lifecycle.
You will be responsible for making sure that their project/s are delivered on time and on budget. This involves significant process management to ensure that the streams of work are broken down in detail, allocated, estimated, scheduled, and then tracked against completion.
You’ll need to understand how the wider company departments work and relationships with project members, understanding team dynamics and how to motivate and get the best from each team member.
- Develop strong relationships with department heads, team members, key internal and external stakeholders, including external publishers
- Foster and facilitate an environment of constant improvement and development
- Encourage creativity throughout the project development process to deliver the best product possible
- To oversee and set quality benchmarks, encouraging the project teams to focus on quality issues throughout the development process
- Effectively lead daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings, demo meetings, release planning meetings, and retrospective meetings
- Oversee release and submission activity, undertaking associated tasks as required
- Assist with and facilitate communication between multiple disciplines and teams
- Keep senior managers up to date on project milestones and any issues that may affect the smooth running of the project
- Manage a product backlog to ensure tasks are prioritise and goals are visible
- Oversee and manage any associated project documentation
- Assess and mitigate risk and produce an action plan when an existing plan deviates from tolerance
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 2 or more years’ experience in a production role or project management role within the games industry (preferred) or similar industry such as software development
- Experience in process improvement; someone who can look for opportunities to set up processes to help improve the way they manage their teams and projects
- Experience of managing relationship and expectations with external publishers
- Previous knowledge and application with identifying and managing project risks, such as taking action to support the team in avoiding those risks for the benefit of the long-term project
- Track record as an effective project leader, for example, someone who can motivate and encourage the team to realise their creative and collaborative potential
- Highly proficient in project management methodologies and leadership skills
It is a bonus if you have good experience using Jira to build and maintain backlogs, as well as designing workflows and systems for team members to use. Additionally, having previous experience working on VR projects, is also desirable.
Perks and benefits include…
- Monthly allowance when working full time at home
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced and generous maternity and paternity package
- Access to life insurance policy and WeCare healthcare app
- Health insurance cash plan
- Relocation support (where applicable)
- Access to metro pass and cycle schemes
Coatsink also include investment in your physical and mental health with weekly live and on-demand strength, cardio, yoga, meditation, and wellness workshop sessions.