Aardvark Swift are working with Rocksteady Studios as they seek to bring in a Senior Core Engine Programmer to join their dedicated and collaborative team to work on our upcoming AAA title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
The role involves writing, extending, and optimising the low-level engine code and systems of UE4. You’ll be building sophisticated technology to tackle some of the most challenging problems, as well as guiding content creators and game coders, developing tools to help them profile and optimise what they’ve created, and supporting them in their use of the engine.
Your work will enable the team to deliver the highest quality game experience on the target hardware, including PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
Your responsibilities will be…
- Developing engine features and systems
- Profiling all aspects of the game, including CPU performance, memory, and streaming
- Implementing low-level engine optimisations
- Working closely with content and gameplay creators to introduce effective game optimisation processes
- Providing engine support to content and code teams
- Improving debug tools and development workflows
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- A high level of technical ability, including with C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- An advanced understanding of game technology principles
- Experience using profiling tools to identify memory and CPU performance issues
- Knowledge of a variety of code optimisation techniques
- Experience working across disciplines to implement optimisations and achieve performance goals
Bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of rendering techniques
- Familiarity with the latest generation of consoles
Rocksteady Studios are an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer who are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Their philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. They’re a one-project studio that built their success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, their multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of their home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.