Work closely with artists, designers, and programmers as a Senior Technical Artist at Sharkmob.
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Their first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and they are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
You will be a part of a helpful and kind team of six experienced and driven tech artists. You will provide feedback to other technical artists on how to grow and improve their processes as they advance. You’ll also enable and support them by ensuring they have everything they need to solve their tasks.
The team looks forward to working with a true team player with excellent communication skills since a large part of your job is solving problems with others, and you need to be able to support artists and designers with their work.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Shipped one or more previous AAA titles
- Extensive production experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong problem-solving and prototyping abilities
- Good knowledge of real-time rendering techniques and PBR material workflows
- Competence in identifying and driving performance goals and optimisations for open-world development on consoles and PCs
- Experience with mentoring other technical artists
- Great understanding of render pipelines
- Experience with scripting or programming with tools such as python, c++, and blueprints
- Prior experience working with shaders
- Previous experience working towards optimisation
Perks and benefits include...
- Visa sponsorship (for you and your dependents)
- Relocation support if moving to the UK, 1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed)
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers)
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob)
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly 'wellness hour' to be used each week during office hours
Sharkmob know the most important element of their studio is their team, they strive for a healthy and productive atmosphere in their office, they do this by providing feedback to each other, promoting a healthy work life balance, distributing ownership and making time for social activities and having fun!