Systems Software Engineer (Remote Options)
Ballistic Moon - Farnborough, UK
Ballistic Moon are on the lookout for a Systems Software Engineer to work on prototyping, building new features/systems and upgrading existing systems for one of our new projects, as well as build and upgrade cross-project systems & features.
Ballistic Moon is an established Independent Game Studio, based in the South-East of England. They are a rapidly growing team of highly experienced and passionate developers, focused on creating the outstanding and amazing games of the future.
With a major project for a renowned publisher, and their own IP on the way, they are creating new genre-defining games in Unreal Engine 5. Ballistic Moon are looking for additional team members to join their group of developers and creatives to help them to realise their vision.
In this role, you will...
- Build and maintain both new low and high-level systems in multiple key areas
- Upgrade existing systems across the studio’s Unreal ecosystem to support current and future projects
- Collaborate with the Lead Engineer & other Senior/Lead disciplines, as well as Design, Art, and Production
For this role, you will need...
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and software design
- Comprehensive C++ skillset
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Clear communication and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to own and manage large portions of a codebase
- Tendency to work well with other members of a development team and Seniors
- Proficiency in the use of modern IDEs; preferably Visual Studio
- To be able to track, add and manage your own tasks (and possibly others) proficiently using agile development
On your credentials, you'll need...
- 5+ years' experience in C++ software development in video games
- At least one major shipped title
- Thorough experience with writing modern systems architecture for game engines
- Several projects with popular modern engines such as: Unreal Engine/Unity/idTech/Decima
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- At least one shipped title using Unreal Engine
- A passion games
- No fear of failing
Just some of the benefits of working with Ballistic Moon include...
- Training & Development
- Hybrid/Remote Working
- Project Completion Bonus & Christmas Bonus – more for senior roles & above-and-beyond performance
- Private Medical & Dental - personal, partner & children
- Interest-Free Travel Loan for those regularly commuting
- Pension above minimum contributions
- 25 days annual leave + extra days off for Christmas, as well as UK Bank Holidays as standard
- Paid Sabbatical (2 weeks after 6 years, additional 4 weeks after 10 years)
- Local Gym Membership
- Flexible working around core hours of 10am - 4pm
- Share options scheme (under creation)
This is one of the most up-and-coming studios in the UK; the team they are creating, the work they are doing, alongside offering fully remote roles puts them at the top of a lot of people lists.
Get in touch for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org call +44 (0) 1709 834 777 now!