As Technical Director you will be a key part of the senior leadership team for one of the studio's games, helping Supermassive take their customised Unreal Engine and suite of accompanying and powerful, world-class systems and tools to the next level.
Supermassive are aiming to build a new franchise which delivers stylised visuals and high production values in real time, and they're engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering content creation simulation that will intensify the player experience.Your responsibilities…
- Elevate the stylised world defined by the Creative Director, incorporating characters and giving technical advice to help with project planning
- Working closely with the programming leads to ensure high quality code that meets the requirements of the game environment through cutting-edge technology.
- Collaborate with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game, and help to communicate that vision to the team
- Provide pragmatic technical solutions to support the features of the game
- Broad knowledge of game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of production
- Proven background in the production of AAA titles
- Experience shipping games with a detailed knowledge of the SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4 and 5, Microsoft Xbox One and S|X Series, or high-end Windows PC
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and get the best out of, groups and individuals, with the skills to rapidly understand requirements and issues in order to accurately specify solutions
- Excellent programming skills, but with a director-level perspective
- Private medical insurance with BUPA
- Life assurance
- Quarterly profit related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Income protection
- Enhanced family leave including maternity and paternity pay
- Generous staff referral scheme
They're also a BAFTA winning game studio that develops innovative storytelling titles. With a number of successful titles under their belt, Supermassive is best known for their critically acclaimed hits such as Until Dawn, The Dark Pictures Anthology series, and their recent release, Switchback VR.