Tools Engineer (Hybrid)
- Posted 15 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NamePaul Walker
Growing games development studio, Sharkmob, are searching for a Tools Engineer to join their team.
Founded in 2017, Sharkmob has since fostered a workplace built on creativity, passion for craft, and innovation. They are now working on an ambitious AAA title and want you to help build the foundations of their engineering team.
In this role, you will build tools that improve pipelines and processes to help them to deliver on their creative vision. Additionally, you’ll be reporting to the Technical Director and collaborating closely with design, narrative, and art teams to bring a world-class interactive experience to life.
You will be supported by passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and push the boundaries of what’s possible with new technologies and innovative solutions.
- Proven track record as a tools programmer or similar on a shipped game
- Good knowledge of C/C++ and software architectural skills
- Understanding of the value that a great user experience has on players, having an excellent attention to detail
- Passionate about reducing friction and improving processes through tools and automation
- Good understanding of modern game engines, their architecture, and capabilities
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and mathematics
- Effective communicator who loves to work independently as well as collaborate with other teams
- VISA sponsorship for you and your family
- Relocation support
- 30 days annual leave, plus UK public holidays
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Private pension
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme, and income protection policy
- Healthcare allowance