Ballistic Moon are on the lookout for an Art Director to join their new, independent game studio based in the South East of England! They are a tight-knit and passionate team of highly experienced developers, focused on creating titles that deeply resonate and engage with audiences. In partnership with a AAA publisher, Ballistic Moon are in the initial stages of pre-production for a major new project as well as creating their own IP.
As the Art Director for Ballistic Moon, you will...
- Lead the art team strategically to deliver award winning AAA quality visual content
- Analyse the visual style and technical execution of games of competitors
- Develop and define creative art direction concepts
- Translate art direction concepts into concrete actionable art goals
- Relentlessly raise the quality bar, cultivating excellence from self and team
- Ensure the art team has the staff, techniques, and tools they need to succeed
- Take an active role in planning of projects and project pitches
- Regularly review and provide feedback to art staff
- Mentor and give career guidance
- Collaborate constructively with the directors and other teams
The skills and experience you will bring to the role...
- At least 8 years in game development, plus multiple shipped titles
- 5 or more years of professional development in a leading art role within the industry
- Comprehensive Knowledge of current game art production pipelines and practices
- Working understanding of engine and tool sets required to generate assets
- Ability to produce finished art of exceptional quality
- A collaborative, process driven approach
- Creative flare and novel thinking
- Intuitive understanding of contemporary aesthetics
- Familiarity of current game technology and future ambitions
- Clear and concise written, verbal, and visual communication