Design Director (UK Remote)
TT Games are looking for an experienced Design Director with a desire to create fun, accessible family titles like TT's legendary LEGO series.
As Design Director you will work closely with the Head of Game to define the creative vision for the project and ensuring that vision is clearly communicated and carried through into the design and implementation of the game.
You’ll inspire and support the design team and bring an open minded and collaborative mindset to the role, leading the team to deliver a high-quality game within the technical, time, resource, and budgetary constraints of the project, revising the scope and design of the game as necessary during development to meet these goals.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Clearly communicating game design though the development team ensuring the team have all the required design information
- Understanding and empathising with the audience for the game, making sure the game is relevant to the target audience, and their feedback is incorporated into the game
- Taking an active role in ongoing user research, adapting the game to address the issues discovered
- Maintaining game design documentation and ensuring it is up to date
- Planning and task allocation within the design team
- Being open minded, looking at new ways of working, responsive to feedback from all disciplines, and able to adapt to a changing market.
- Cultivating a culture of respect, open-mindedness, and cross-discipline collaboration within the design team
- Providing regular creative feedback and mentoring to design staff
- Designing team career plans, training, and appraisals, in liaison with studio design manager
- The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- Credits on one or more AAA console projects as a Design Director or Game Director
- Excellent communication skillset
- Excellent time management and planning abilities
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrable dependability and commitment to projects and tasks
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Comfortable working to deadlines
This is your opportunity to work with some of the most successful and famous IPs in entertainment, within a company that's responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series.
TT Games is in the business of delighting their family player base, building on 30 years of success they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.