- Posted 01 March 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameDave Moss
Unity Developer (Remote Contract)
Winkel Operations - London, UK
***This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in the UK and is on a 6-12 month fixed-term basis***
Winkel Games are on the lookout for a Unity Developer to join them on a contract basis.is a London-based games studio that creates and publishes Hybrid-casual and Social Casino mobile games for a wide audience. Driven by a fail-fast, test-and-learn culture, they welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to take part in unique, ambitious and challenging projects. They aim to foster excellence, both individually and collectively, which to them means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the highest execution.
As a Senior Unity Developer, you will be part of an agile team and will be responsible for the front-end (client) side development on their Social Casino titles.
You will jump onto one of their largest projects, putting yourself right in the centre of the action. You’ll deliver a great code and support your team by coaching them and ensuring they deliver clean, structured code.
You will be working with a variety of experts: senior managers, product managers, game artists, game designers, backend engineers, data analysts...and more!
You will get the chance to collaborate with internal and international high-performing teams in developing successful gaming experiences! By joining them, you will have a strong impact on the business and a unique opportunity to reach a large and growing user base!
They're looking for a self-starter; independent and who can bring years of hands-on, end-to-end production and live operations experience to the team. Someone who dives head-first into a challenge, and throws their all into writing robust code, and making brilliant games, start to finish.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- A background with complex build systems
- “Outside of the box” thinking, creative problems solving and troubleshooting
- At least 4 years of professional development as a Senior Unity developer with in-depth knowledge of Unity, best practices, and optimisation tools (Profiler, Memory profilers...)
- Familiarity with optimisation issues
- Proficiency in C# design and architecture experience in OOP languages
- Intuitive sense of gameplay experience, and special attention to details
- Expertise with memory usage tuning and space optimisation
- Track record with successful mobile games
- Analytical mindset and data-oriented
- Follow new technology trends and loves learning new things
- Experience with any build system (UCB) and creating build pipelines
Bonus points if you have skills and experience with...
- Graphics, shaders and their optimisation on mobile platforms
- Native Android and iOS build development and troubleshooting
- Client-server communications or networking in general
Interested? Want to know more?
Call 01709834777 or email email@example.com