Back to jobs
Game Designer (Remote)
We are supporting Merge Games as they look for a Game Designer to join their team as they work on their new multiplayer survival title: Smalland!
Merge Games is a global video game publisher, developer, and distributor based near Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes games worldwide for PC, consoles, and streaming platforms including Dead Cells, Streets of Rage 4, Spirit of the North, Cloudpunk, Aragami, and Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX.
As a Game Designer at the studio, you will be documenting comprehensive designs, facilitating development of staff, and iterating designs based on usability.
- Collaborate with other design staff to generate and maintain easy-to-read documentation
- Collaborate with the development team to help realise designs and turn them into engaging experience
- Liaise regularly with marketing and production departments, whilst adapting and iterating designs to fit marketing needs
- Ensure the technical and UX quality of implemented designs are met
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5+ years in relevant game industry roles, with one or more titles shipped on current generation console platforms or PC
- Broad knowledge of mechanical and technical systems design, level design, UX design, open world design, and narrative design
- Understanding of algorithmic tree documentation processes, data-set balancing , and design maintenance
- Previous experience of integration and creation using the latest Unreal Engine 4 releases
- Experienced working knowledge of procedural tools such as Houdini
- Experience with content updates and post-release maintenance strategies
- Working knowledge of GitHub application and best practice
- Understanding of usability practices and willingness to engage in usability exercises
- 3D modelling, skinning, and rigging ability in any mainstream software such as 3DS Max, Maya, and blender is a plus