Lead Concept Artist (Remote Options)
Firesprite - Liverpool, UK
Firesprite are looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join the early development of a new, AAA, Unreal 5 multiplayer action game. This bold project aims to break new ground in multiplayer, blending gameplay mechanics in new ways and deeply embedding storytelling elements into a unique universe.
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA games working from anywhere in the UK, including Firesprite's state-of-the-art Liverpool studio?
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite builds innovative showcase titles for PlayStation platforms as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join the project at the early stages and work closely with the team and Art Director to realise the creative vision for the project.
As a Lead Concept Artist, you will...
- Build and lead a team of concept artists
- Work closely with the Art Director to develop and deliver the highest standard of art assets and processes
- Research and collect visual materials to help define and improve the visual style and contents of the game
- Develop a positive and energetic team culture
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Identify shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Concept Artist team
For this role, you will need...
- Proven experience as a Lead Concept Artist on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Strong traditional Fine Art skills
- A detailed understanding of architecture, exterior spaces and anatomy
- High level art skills in drawing, painting, environment, props, perspective, architecture, characters, anatomy
- A good eye for composition and visual design principles
- Excellent understanding of light and colour
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop or equivalent software
- Have a strong portfolio of compelling environment and character designs
- Experience with people management, skills development and mentoring
- A portfolio that shows versatility and a range of styles
- Experience working on a AAA title a bonus
Just some of the benefits of working with Firesprite include...
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
For more information regarding this excellent opportunity please contact Jordan Langley on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!