Sharkmob London, a AAA studio in the heart of London, is searching for a Lead Environment Artist to join their team on an ambitious new IP. Working immediately under the Art Director and in close working with the production team you will oversee the delivery of high-quality environments that meet the visual standards of the project.
The studio have aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. As a part of Tencent Games, both the Malmö and London office have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future.
- Collaborate with the tech and level design teams to define and maintain environment content pipelines and work~
- Communicate with internal artist and external outsourcing vendors
- Collaborate with the extended team to drive the project forwards with exciting ideas
- Hiring and development of yourself and those around you
- Working closely with the Art Director and concept artists to develop and maintain a consistent visual direction
- Work closely with the production team to inform project timelines
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Shipped one or more AAA game from end-to-end as a Lead Environment Artist
- Experience managing and leading a team of environment artists
- Comfortable making decision that can affect the entire studio with a clear and level head
- Has a very high degree of level design and narrative understanding
- Excellent organisation and project planning skills
- Experienced and comfortable setting up and running outsourcing arrangements
- Passion for problem-solving and driving innovation
- Positive and creative force, who is proactive and takes initiative
- Passionate in creating and playing games
Perks and benefits include...
- Visa sponsorship (for you and your dependents)
- Relocation support if moving to the UK, 1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed)
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers)
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob)
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly 'wellness hour' to be used each week during office hours
Sharkmob know the most important element of their studio is their team, they strive for a healthy and productive atmosphere in their office, they do this by providing feedback to each other, promoting a healthy work life balance, distributing ownership and making time for social activities and having fun!