Black Shamrock, an industry leading development studio in both co-dev and development of their own exciting IP's, are looking for a Lead Game Designer to shape the design team.
Having joined the Virtuous Group, the studio is able to work on some of the most exciting franchises in the world! With a very strong sense of company identity and values, they make game better, together.
In this role, you will take responsibility for realising their design philosophies in the form of always-engaging content. You’ll show proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and a long-standing passion for games.
- Handle large features, systems, and content while working as part of the design team
- Define game systems and the associated skills and player usage to shape the player’s in-game experiences
- Participate in the development of prototypes and ensuring their success to provide a firm basis for production
- Define design team targets and task lists in collaboration with the producer
- Provide mentoring and feedback to junior designers and advising on their career development
- Ensure good communications to and from juniors, up to lead and director level
- Coordinate and providing feedback on high-level plans and schedules
- Collaborate with the other department leads to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines and across production
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5+ years' experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on 1 or more shipped products
- Understanding of game engines, scripting tools, and asset pipelines and how to use them in concert, ideally using Unreal
- Experience in building and guiding a team of designers, providing feedback and completing performance reviews to help junior team members in their careers
- Ability to leverage your design experience in leading your team and have creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, while also being comfortable on video calls