ustwo Games are looking for a Lead Designer to join a new and ambitious project, shaping the game design and leading the design team through development.
ustwo Games is a 30-person studio in London, best known as the creators of Monument Valley and more recently Alba: A Wildlife Adventure and Desta: The Memories Between. They are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of backgrounds and creative influences; the aim is to craft emotional, surprising experiences, for a broad audience, that change the world’s perception of what interactive entertainment can be.
As a Lead Designer at ustwo Games, you will be part of the project’s leadership, being collectively responsible for achievement of the project’s goals, quality of the product and efficiency of the team (up to 20 people).
- Leading the design team on your project (up to 3 designers), helping plan and guide their work
- Working with the Game Director to understand and help define the creative vision of the project
- Designing systems, mechanics and content to achieve the desired player experience
- Documenting and communicating design direction to the team
- Working in-engine, setting an example of good execution for other designers
- Collaborating with other leads on the project to help you make design decisions that take into account production cost and risk
- Helping build a tight-knit, collaborative team with high levels of trust and empathy
- Ensuring the game design is guided by user testing, putting the player first
- Line-managing other designers, mentoring and supporting personal development within the team
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role...
- 5+ years industry experience
- Previous experience in multiple full production cycles
- Shipped one or more projects as a Lead Designer
- Experience making games in Unity
- User testing experience
Perks and benefits include…
- Private medical insurance with Bupa
- Company pension
- Profit sharing scheme
- Mental health days
- Individual training budget and training days
- Discretionary travel and working from home allowance
- Wellbeing benefits platform with Juno
- Company socials and away days
- Plus, a host of amazing family friendly policies