Lead Gameplay Animator (Remote Options)
Build A Rocket Boy - Edinburgh, UK
Build A Rocket Boy are looking for an experienced Lead Gameplay Animator who understands game production and has a genuine interest in game development.
In this role, you will be leading the team to help them create believable high-quality gameplay animations. You will be working closely under the guidance of the Gameplay Animation Director to achieve a consistent level of quality and ensure that each animation has the right ambience and pacing, as well as being delivered on-time.
You will be joining the team at a crucial time for the studio, as they grow and develop their gameplay animation pipeline, which will offer a great career opportunity for the right candidate.
As a Lead Gameplay Animator, you will need...
- Head a team of Gameplay Animators, providing support and guidance as well as technical expertise
- Create high quality, responsive and realistic gameplay animations using both keyframing and motion capture data
- Supervise task assignments for your team
- Collaborate closely with programmers and scripters to create or improve existing gameplay animation systems
- Ensure quality and consistency of gameplay animation by reviewing the team’s work and providing regular feedback
- Assist with the recruitment and mentoring of the team
- Participate with scheduling and milestone planning
- Collaborate with the Gameplay Animation Director during motion capture shoots
- Encourage team performance and milestone deliveries
For this role, you will need...
- Experience in a management role, with interpersonal skills and organisational skills being crucial
- Strong keyframe and motion capture editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder
- 5+ years in games development, with at least 1 x AAA game shipped as a Lead Animator.
- A history working with state machines and animation graphs
- Experience with Unreal Engine highly beneficial
- Good understanding of character and prop setups
- To be seasoned in the process for integrating gameplay systems
- Capability of meeting schedules and commit to delivery dates
- Ability to work autonomously and motivate a team
- A demo showcasing your best character animation work for games
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
Build A Rocket Boy are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. They're a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join Build A Rocket Boy. They have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 now or email email@example.com now!