For more than 20 years, they’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
As a Lead UI Engineer at Splash Damage, you will be accountable for establishing and driving the technical design and implementation of the user interface. You’ll also share knowledge with the team to create performant and robust data-driven interfaces that commit to the core technical pillars of a project.
- Create project roadmaps for UI engineering and plan sprints for their team, effectively prioritising work to make ideal use of each team member’s skills
- Collaborate with other disciplines to realise their ideas through iterative UI development
- Dive into hands-on work when necessary
- Ensure the programming team are motivated, whilst providing effective coaching, feedback, and opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with a project’s leadership team to solve project-level issues and represent their discipline effectively both internally as well as to external partners
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Proven technical UI leadership experience, with one or more commercial projects led to shipping
- Experience setting up pipelines and project documentation
- Excellent knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience
- Practical UI implementation knowledge, whilst overcoming technical limitations
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Comfortable working without close supervision; you can get the job done and make intelligent decisions with the information at hand
- Dependable people skills, an enthusiastic attitude, and a team-first mentality
- Enthusiasm for game UI.
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG)
- Previous experience with accommodating a variety of player accessibility needs
- Multi-platform and console development experience
Perks and benefits include...
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, mental health support and a 24/7 digital GP service
- Employee assistance programme
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave and 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions and a group life assurance scheme
And not forgetting the famous Splash Damage social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way.