Mid Level Programmer
d3t - Runcorn, UK
d3t Ltd, a Growing Gaming Software Specialist, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Mid-Level Programmer to join their growing team based in Runcorn. Be prepared to be challenged daily on incredibly varied projects!
In this role, you'll be responsible for porting large game and engine systems in a clean and extensible manner, and providing ideas and input to others in the team - this can include PC and PS4 as well as other consoles. You'll also contribute to assisting on other projects which you have some previous domain-knowledge of. This role will also see you conduct code reviews effectively and efficiently.
The type of person you'll need to be...
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in both games and business software
- Ability and willingness to support junior programmers as required
The skills and experience you'll need...
- At least 2 years’ professional development working in a programming position
- A track record shipping games or apps from inception to completion
- Fluency in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- Expertise and confidence working on low-level code in areas such as physics, rendering, memory management, networking etc.
Bonus points if you have skills or experience with...
- In-house or commercial game engines
- Porting games between platforms
- Working on console hardware
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact Dave on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01709834777 now!