We are on the lookout for a Principle Games Designer on behalf of Rebellion North to work on a new co-op Strategic Shooter title.
As a Principle Games Designer at the studio, you will deliver game features, design documents, and prototype specifications to the highest possible quality, whilst supporting the design team as required.
- Regularly play the levels in production and proactively give feedback to other members of the team on their work, whilst ensuring any feedback is in line with the creative vision of the game and the overall design set out by the lead
- Pre-emptively identify and raise any upcoming issues on behalf of the team to lead during production
- Work with multiple teams to drive the vision for these new production concepts and methods, and support the pipelines and designer’s workflow
- Experience and desire to focus and mentor individuals and teams to achieve a specific outcome to drive performance and solve problems creatively
- Expert knowledge of creating game designs, documents, and prototype specifications
- Strong understanding of the video game development process, including working in a timely manner, and prototyping and iterating appropriately within that restriction
- Brilliant knowledge of production pipelines
- Willingness and ability to deliver high-quality results using tools and processes required to get the job done
- Experience with supporting games post-release and considering monetization and game economy aspects during production
For 30 years, Rebellion have been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion are proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. They love what they do, and they have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, they have complete creative freedom over their titles which allows them to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.