Senior 2D Artist
Chimera Entertainment - Munich, DE
Chimera Entertainment are on the lookout for a Senior 2D Artist to create high-quality, visually appealing games within an experienced, international and flexible team of about 60 people. As a successful and ambitious company with a sustainable and transparent leadership style, all of their employees work with dedication and a team-first attitude. Working on state-of-the-art projects with high-profile partners will be your opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge within the games industry in a professional and friendly atmosphere. Right now we are also working on a still confidential mobile title that will blow you away for sure.
Chimera Entertainment are a creative and independent development studio for digital entertainment software in the heart of the beautiful city of Munich. Their company was founded in 2006 with the support of the production house Remote Control Productions GmbH.
In addition to developing our their IPs, Chimera implement work for hire, from conception to completion. Gameplay and creative imagination are always in the foreground, and they promote teamwork and talent. In terms of development and marketing of their high-class games, and thanks to their 15-year expertise in the field of mobile gaming and cross-platform-development as well as their award-winning portfolio of top titles such as “Angry Birds Epic” and "Angry Birds Evolution" Chimera are one of Germany’s leading game developers.
As a Senior 2D Artist, you will...
- Create and develop visual concepts and artistic visions with the Art Director
- Report to the Head of Art and Art Director on a regular basis
- Be responsible for containing a consistent art style and quality in our games
- Support and instruct all 2D and 3D artists, give feedback and guidance
- Develop and maintain style guides together with the Art Director
- Feedback, final polish, and consistently merge assets produced by outsourcing companies or freelancers
- Communicate and develop solutions with Production, Design, and Coding departments
- Contact the customer on a regular basis
- Create outstanding Concept Art (Mood Paintings, Model Sheets, etc.) and Game Art
- Conduct final approval of the assets
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Minimum of three years of related professional development in the games industry
- Ability to create high-quality sketches, concept art, characters, and environment concepts
- Knowledge of common and efficient workflows, tools, and development processes in the games industry
- Efficient communication with team members, outsourcers, and customers
- You are able to create detailed documentation of your work
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work self-directed and reliably
- A wide variety of different stylistic approaches
- Highly motivated, flexible and a team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Keen sense of anatomy, colours, (graphic) design, lighting, and composition
You'll also need...
- Familiarity with working in Unity 3D
- A background handling outsourcing partners
- A history creating high-quality graphic design and typography
- Experience with common 3D Tools (i.e. 3DSMax, Maya, Substance Painter)
Just some of the benefits of working with Chimera Entertainment include...
- Flat hierarchy in a friendly atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- A creative, casual, and international workplace right in the heart of Munich
- Professional health coaching with a personal Trainer (OLAO HEALTH) - digital and live
- A well-stocked library with books, games, and games consoles
- Free coffee, drinks, and fruits on site
- Regular team & company events like a summer party, Oktoberfest, and Movie and Gaming Nights
Interested? Want to know more?
Call 01709834777 or email email@example.com