Here at Aardvark Swift, we’re on the lookout for a Senior Animation Systems Programmer to join Rebellion's in-house engine tech team, a collection of highly skilled and experienced programmers who develop the inhouse engine, asura with innovative technology.
You will play a key role in developing and implement animation code for the in-house engine and collaborate across teams to balance technical vision with production realities. You will be motived by creating and perfecting the animation engine to enhance the overall quality of the animation in Rebellion's games.
- Maintain and develop features within the animation systems, working on content creation tools as well as runtime systems
- Collaborate with content creators to write some of those tools and features
- Develop and implement animation code for their projects, writing and testing larger classes and code with complex functionality
- Fixing complex bugs in both familiar and unfamiliar code
- Create, review, and update technical and user documentation
- Support other team members or programmers from other disciplines where appropriate
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Knowledge of internal workings of animation systems
- Proficiency in C+
- Experience with IDE and debugging techniques
- Experience with numerical concepts such as underflow and FP precision
- Proficiency with Finite State Machines
- Competent with 3D geometry computation
For 30 years, Rebellion have been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion are proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. They love what they do, and they have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, they have complete creative freedom over their titles which allows them to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.