Senior Audio Designer - Guildford, UK
Senior Sound Designer
Supermassive - Guildford, UK
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Audio Designer to work in-house within their award-winning Audio team on their AAA horror titles. Carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry, the team is welcoming and well-established with great opportunities for ownership and personal development.
If you understand the importance of delivering visceral audio engagement through emotionally driven sound design with subtle detail to enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then this could be a really exciting opportunity for you to join such a fantastic and widely recognised team.
The role requires an excellent ear for well-crafted cinematic hyperrealism, intuitive mentoring abilities and a strong desire to create incredible, innovative audio experiences.
As a Senior Audio Designer, you will...
- Conceptualise, create and integrate narrative-enhancing, immersive sound design
- Own, and deliver to quality, large areas of the project’s audio experience with little direction
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Game Director to help define and realise the project audio direction
- Mentor mid and junior Audio Designers and share knowledge with the rest of the audio team
- Collaborate with other disciplines on the team to improve workflows and achieve the vision for the game.
For this role, you will need...
- 2-4 years' experience in game/film sound design, ideally in AAA
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines, and technology
- Strong communication skills
- Credits on at least one full game cycle leading, supporting, and mentoring multiple team members
- High proficiency with Wwise
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs, sample editors and plugins
- Broad experience with abstract sound design, cinematic SFX and immersive character sound (dialogues and foley)
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Comprehensive understanding of music theory and music editing experience
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in...
- Unreal Engine 4
- Additional film / linear post-production
- Simple coding techniques
- Leading and supporting a team of Audio Designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner
You'll also need to have...
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A growth mentality with desire to learn and improve on your skillset
- A natural ability to mentor, manage and share knowledge
Just some of the benefits of working with Supermassive include...
- Making big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme for all staff
- Social events
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- A supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture
- Work-life balance
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games
Interested? Please call Lawrie on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com