Are you a talented Build Engineer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact? Aardvark is supporting Rebellion in their search for a Senior Build Engineer to join their exceptional build team.
As a Senior Build Engineer you will work closely with their highly talented in-house tech team working on their in-house game engine asura, to help maintain and improve the internal build, test, and asset processing systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work at an independent AAA multi-project studio and help make all the games Rebellion is working on as good as they can be.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Improve developers' workflow
- Design and implement complex multi-component systems, creating and sharing Design documents where appropriate
- Identify architectural issues in systems and provide a fix with minimal impact to users
- Extend build and test systems for new platforms
- Extend asset processing systems when other teams need new features
- Diagnose and fix errors that occur in developer or continuous integration builds
- Assist game teams in finding, fixing, and preventing problems
- Write programs to make disparate systems work together seamlessly
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- Programming knowledge and experience in Python or equivalent
- A strong interest to develop and maintain build systems and tools to improve the quality and ease for our game teams.
- Experience with source control technologies such as perforce
- Substantial experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins.
For 30 years Rebellion have been creating incredible video games; they also have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
They have multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to them, and they want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. so as long as you are based in the UK, they are always open to discussing how they can support through remote and/or Hybrid working options.