Senior Concept Artist
Smilegate - Barcelona, ES
Smilegate Barcelona is looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Concept Artist, to join their growing team of developers. They're looking for an individual to collaborate with a team of like-minded and talented creatives to conceive of inspired characters, environments, props, and other gameplay elements. The ideal individual is someone who appreciates and thrives on the development process and has a great eye for design.
As a a Senior Concept Artist, you will...
- Collaborate with the Art Director to establish visual direction for the game
- Create concept art for characters, environments, and props
- Develop storyboards, background illustrations, and promotional artwork
- Collaborate with Artists and Designers to creatively solve problems
- Assist the Art Director and Art Leads by providing feedback and guidance to Artists
- Design visually cohesive fictional/realistic worlds and characters
- Assemble reference materials to support the concept designs
- Provide and receive feedback professionally
For this role, you will need...
- At least one shipped AAA title
- A web portfolio that demonstrates skill in environment, character, creature, vehicle, weapon, and props concept development
- To be an effective researcher that understands how to successfully navigate through various databases to discover the best reference and imagery possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- To be a self-starter, reliable, and passionate about your work; committed to your discipline and its challenges.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision
Bonus points if you have...
- Strong understanding of general 3D and game art production techniques
- Some basic modelling experience.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players' memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market-leading publisher and developer.
If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career-defining games - get in touch!
Just some of the benefits of working with Smilegate include...
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approximately 180 € per month
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage
- Incredible office in Barcelona, 15 minutes from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Jordan Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!