Senior Development Director (Hybrid Options)
- Posted 24 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameDaniel Butcher
We’re supporting Splash Damage as they look to hire a Senior Development Director for their new and ambitious projects, including a new IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations. As part of this new era Splash Damage have created their own worlds including an original Sci-fi game in Unreal Engine 5, giving them true ownership of their projects.
You will be responsible for building and delivering game experiences that continually delight gamers, and handle the agile development process and practice, ensuring product goals are met.
You will collaborate with product teams, operational disciplines and studio leadership, sharing knowledge and best practice. And take accountability for ensuring developers own their product, processes and quality, keeping teams balanced and projects on track whilst liaising with project stakeholders. You will strive for smarter delivery, stronger teams and build forward-thinking live experiences for players.
Your responsibilities include…
- Lead and drive a project’s overall development plan, with a focus on team performance
- Bring together people, materials and tools and unencumbering teams through mentoring and management
- Bring a strong focus on quality, teamwork, communication and improvement to deliver great games and content
- Own the project plan to launch and continually operate the game on time, to quality, and within budget
- Review and improve the development process and team performance, and executive development plans to suit different projects
- Be quality focused and understand the needs of players and the business
- Make data-driven decisions to improve your teams and align them to the long-term plans for operating a GaaS
- Balance teams creative ambition with capacity to execute on time
- Represent the state of progress and the outlook of the project internally and externally to clients
- Foster an open, fun and transparent development culture that makes teams and players love the games created
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Strong ability to carefully plan for results by balancing and prioritize short-term solutions with the long-term vision and goals, when making key decisions
- Achieve goals with personalised management skills and handling of agile development to allow your team to execute on the goals and craft the best product possible
- Understanding of how to empower others by fostering an environment of shared ownership, accountability, constructive criticism, recognition, appreciation, and collaboration
- Knowledgeable on good leadership skills and communication skills
- Ability to meticulous plan for the project and have mapped out the likely obstacles and advise other project leaders from falling over pitfalls.
Perks and benefits include...
- Relocation support for you and your family
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, mental health support and a 24/7 digital GP service
- Employee assistance programme
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave and 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions and a group life assurance scheme
And not forgetting the famous Splash Damage social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way.