Senior Engine Tools Programmer
Nequinox - Manchester, UK
Nequinox Studios are looking for a Senior Engine Tools Programmer to work on an unannounced AAA title alongside some of the gaming industry's most established names.
As their new Senior Engine Tools Programmer, you will join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X, Switch and PC.
You will take ownership and responsibility for developing features, work with the wider team on planning and delivery and share a passion for games. Although Nequinox pride themselves on their technical excellence, they are a creative bunch; actively generating ideas and bringing their collective skills, experiences and storytelling to their innovative creative process.
For this role, you'll need an extensive knowledge of engines, content creation tools and pipelines and be excited to provide mentoring and support to the rest of your team to create a cohesive code base. You'll be resourceful, have excellent problem-solving and communication skills and the drive to adapt to the needs of the game, systems, algorithms and challenges.
As a Senior Engine Tools Programmer, you will need...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- A background in the creation of supporting tools to make game development efficient, from build tools to metrics measurement and feedback
- A deep understanding of Game Engine pipeline, systems and system interconnectivity
- Excellent grasp of, and experience in, C++
- Strong maths skills
- To be able to pick up new algorithms and languages easily
- A broad wealth of knowledge from graphics to physics/collision/AI/data management
- An ability to clearly document and explain systems to other disciplines
- Profile and optimise systems
- Data conditioning, export, compression, optimisation and transport experience
- Asset conversion pipelines experience
- Familiarity with exporters
- Data optimisation exposure
- Level streaming
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in...
- C#, Python, UE4, Powershell
- Console Development
- Custom engines
Nequinox is a family studio. They're focused on building great games and a strong work/life balance for people and their families. They're passionate about diversity too which is why they're part of the #RaiseTheGame diversity pledge.
Just some of the benefits of working with Nequinox include...
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Discretionary bonuses
- Christmas closing
- State of the art office equipment
- Regular team lunches and socials (COVID allowing)
- Work/Life balance
- Family studio
- No crunch
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Dave at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!