- Posted 19 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameRowan Hix-Dunn
We’re working with Jam.gg as they look to hire a Front-End Developer.
Jam.gg is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King, and other top tech companies.
The platform has been designed to be accessible to everyone and fully available directly from a web browser. It also does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. They’re all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
Currently Jam.gg are at the stage where they’re scaling their Engineering Department as one of their key units. This is your chance to join a company of 60+ people in its hyper growth phase.
Driven by a strong inclusive culture, they welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
The role will see you collaborating with an Engineering Manager and interfacing with design, implementing features, and being a strong advocate for the user.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 4 years’ experience as a Front-End Developer
- Genuine passion for building and shipping amazing user experiences
- Experience of feature development in close collaboration with design
- Working knowledge of TypeScript, Storybook
- Working knowledge of Golang
- Familiarity with test-driven development (Jest, Cypress, etc)
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Passion for shaping and scaling an early stage, user-first application
- Self-motivation: highly autonomous & working capabilities.
- Good spoken and written communication skills (English)
Desirable experience that you have (or you'd be excited about acquiring)…
- Previous remote-work experience
- Previous start-up/growth-stage experience
- Prior experience building web services using NodeJS
- Google's Firebase, particularly Firestore, NoSQL
- General AWS and GCP experience
Perks and benefits include…
- Unlimited holiday leave (permanent roles) or 5 weeks leave per year (fixed-term contracts)
- Monthly well-being allowance for mental well-being, sports, massage, etc
- Home office allowance
- Fully remote and flexible working hours with equal pay policy
- Equal maternity, paternity and adoption leave with 1 year seniority (permanent roles)
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption subsidy of 3k euros with 1 year seniority (permanent roles)
- Stock option plan (permanent roles)
- Health insurance compensation