We are supporting Merge Games as they look for a Senior Game Designer to join their team as they work on a new IP.
Merge Games is a global video game publisher, developer, and distributor based near Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes games worldwide for PC, consoles, and streaming platforms including Dead Cells, Streets of Rage 4, Spirit of the North, Cloudpunk, Aragami, and Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX.
You will join a skilled team and help realize a rich and complex gaming experience, youll be responsible for documenting comprehensive designs, facilitating development staff, reporting to production, and iterating design based on usability.
- Collaborate with other design staff to generate and maintain easy-to-read documentation
- Collaborate with the development team to help realise designs and turn them into engaging experiences, both in and out of engine
- Liaise regularly with marketing and production departments, whilst adapting and iterating designs to fit market needs
- Ensure the technical and UX quality of implemented designs are met
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5+ years in relevant games industry roles, with one or more titles shipped on console or PC
- Broad knowledge of mechanical and technical systems design, level design, UX design, open world design, and narrative design
- Multiplayer and single player design experience
- Full game lifecyle experience
- Understanding of algorithmic tree documentation processes, data-set balancing and design maintenance
- Previous experience of integration and creation using Unreal Engine 4
- Working knowledge of procedural tools such as Houdini
- Familiar with content updates and post-release maintenance strategies
- Comfortable with GitHub and relevant best practice
- Understanding of usability practices and willingness to engage in usability exercises
- 3D modelling, skinning, and rigging ability in any mainstream software such as 3DS Max, Maya, and blender is a plus
- Previous experience as a Senior Game Designer is desirable but not essential