Senior Gameplay Programmer (Hybrid)
- Posted 06 April 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameJoe Sutcliffe
We are searching for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join Rebellion’s growing team as they make their mark on an unannounced ambitious strategic, coop third-person shooter.
You’ll have first-hand experience with their uniquely identifiable game feature: the Rebellion’s signature KillCam, also known as “Bullet Cams”, as seen in the Sniper Elite and Zombie Army series!
Your responsibilities will include...
- Work closely with game designers, VFX artists, and their wider technology and rendering teams to help implement improvements to that key feature
- Support other team members or programmers from other disciplines where appropriate
- Fix complex bugs in both familiar and unfamiliar code
- Quickly adapt to and support in-house working practices and assist in mentoring Junior Programmers
- Expert in C/C++ programming skills, with sound knowledge of object-oriented development
- Professional experience having shipped a game, ideally on console and/or PC, with work related to 3D camera and VFX positioning, sequencing, and animation
- Excellent 3D mathematics in gameplay systems
- Strong debugging and problem-solving capabilities
- Keen interest in cinematography/camera composition and animation is a bonus
Perks and benefits include…
- Private medical insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and vision
- Life assurance, income protection, and critical illness cover
- Enhanced family leave
- Interest free, tax-free loans
- Enhanced pension scheme
- EAP a range of mental health and wellbeing support
For 30 years, Rebellion have been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion are proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. They love what they do, and they have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, they have complete creative freedom over their titles which allows them to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.