Hexworks, a CI Games studio a looking for a Senior Level Designer to join their team and support driving CI Games Studios forward as they experience exponential growth.
Founded in 2002, the studio has been creating globally recognised games for 20 years with their most popular franchise, Sniper Warrior, selling over 14 million copies! They currently have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline in Unreal Engine 5, with true ownership of their creative direction.
As a Senior Level Designer at the studio, you will manage the design of the levels through the full cycle of production, from conception to finalisation. You’ll also conceptualise, prototype, build, script, and tune levels according to game vision.
- Maintain and balance the readability, difficulty, and pacing of levels
- Support the team with feedback on gameplay, shape, and performance of all levels
- Work closely with Lead Level Designer on level feedback to ensure best quality and game vision
- Cooperate with the game design, art, narrative, VFX, and sound departments to ensure best quality of the levels
- Anticipate, identify, and articulate problem areas and developing preventative solutions
- Create and maintain clear level documentation
- Create combat encounters using the full potential of the enemy archetypes, leveraging on the main character varied combat capabilities, and player strategies to generate engaging experiences
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5+ years of experience in level design position
- Shipped 2 or more titles (for PC and Consoles) as a level designer
- Experience with visual scripting such as Unreal and CryEngine
- Ability to manage time and work within deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Open and creative mind with an interest in games within the same genre such as Action RPGs and Souls-like
- Proficiency in English
- Level art experience is a plus
Perks and benefits include…
- Flexibility with their core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
CI Games include attractive remuneration, holidays, and social events. Their studio’s inclusive environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
This role also offers remote homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world whist you learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming forever!