Aardvark Swift is supporting Splash Damage in their recruitment for a Senior Lighting Artist as they embark on new and ambitious projects including a new IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations. As part of this new era Splash Damage have created their own worlds including an original Sci-fi game in Unreal Engine 5, giving them true ownership of their projects.
As a Senior Lighting Artist at Splash Damage, you will implement lighting to guide players through a scene, showing them the path and highlighting the goal. You will collaborate with other sub-disciplines such as environment art, level design, VFX, cinematics, and technical art to create worlds with atmosphere and emotion.
- Light scenes based on reference photographs and concept art materials
- Work with the Lead Lighting Artist and Art Director to create high quality lighting schemes in keeping with the project's visual direction
- Produce work within specifications under deadlines
- Review and implement your work using the game editor
- Troubleshoot lighting issues and action creative feedback
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Portfolio filled with examples of Lighting work
- Solid understanding of shape, form, composition, and tonal values
- Excellent knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and balancing materials
- Previous experience with pre-bake, dynamic, and hybrid lighting workflows
- Working knowledge of tone mapping, colour grading, and LUTs
- The ability to deliver performant lighting schemes for gameplay
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Great communication and teamworking skills
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with Unreal 5 Early Access and Lumen
- Strong understanding of the impact of Lighting direction on level design and gameplay
- Knowledge of trends in videogame lighting, movie cinematography, and photography
- An understanding of HDR and its implementation
- Experience lighting both environments, characters, and cinematic cut scenes
- Understanding of post processing effects including colour grading
Perks and benefits include...
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, mental health support and a 24/7 digital GP service
- Employee assistance programme
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave and 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions and a group life assurance scheme
And not forgetting the famous Splash Damage social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way.