Here at Aardvark Swift, we are working with Steel City Interactive as they search for a passionate Senior Network Programmer to lead, develop, and manage a team of programmers, whilst collaborating with other teams on the project.
Steel City Interactive are a creative bunch, actively generating ideas and bringing collective skills, experiences, and storytelling to their innovative creative process.
You will join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X, and PC. You’ll also take ownership and responsibility for developing features, whilst working with the wider team on planning and delivery.
- Implement infrastructure to run their game in an online environment
- Willingness to contribute to all network layers on both server and client
- Troubleshoot complex problems as they arise and construct solutions to unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use
- Employ best practices for design, implementation, and data security
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 2 or more years of professional game, simulation or similar programming experience or the equivalent
- Willingness to learn new technologies and improve as a programmer
- Experience writing code in C#/C++, with knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience using game engines such as Unreal, Unity, and Godot
- Previous experience on a multiplayer game project
- Experience of working with console platforms and their specific networking requirements
Perks and Benefits include...
- Relocation benefit
- Flexible working hours
- Healthcare plan, with access to 24/7 doctors and will writing service
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount club