We are supporting Well Played Games as they look for a Senior Programmer to join their team as they work on a new, exciting project.
Founded in 2017, the studio is a growing and experienced games development company based in Leamington Spa, who develop a variety of video games for mobile.
As a Senior Programmer on the studio’s code team, you will support the live game with the design and development of new game features. You’ll work closely with the whole team, whilst utilising a variety of programming languages and technologies on all aspects of development.
- Working across the client and server sides of the game, platform-specific features, tools, simulations, testing frameworks, and other technology
- Drive collaboration and quality, both in and beyond your discipline
- Deconstruct problems and devise compatible solutions, whilst communicating this to your team members
- Supporting, mentoring, and providing an exemplary professional example to more junior colleagues
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5 or more years of relevant professional programming experience, and have been through the entire lifecycle of multiple games (ideally including mobile F2P)
- High level of skill in C#, with additional experience with other relevant languages such as C++, Java, Objective-C, Go, and NodeJS, being a plus
- Prior experience developing for mobile devices and OSs (especially iOS and Android)
- Experience with server and web development, and cloud platforms such as PlayFab, Firebase, GameSparks, and Heroic Labs, is a bonus
- Demonstrate a talent and enthusiasm for technology and making high quality games
- Proactive and positive attitude to collaboration and learning, with a keen interest in trends in games and technology