Senior Rendering Programmer (UK Remote)
- Posted 27 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameIvan Cannon
We are working with the visionary game development studio Firesprite, who build innovative showcase titles for PlayStation platforms, to find a Senior Rendering Programmer to join the early development of a AAA, Unreal 5 multiplayer action game.
This bold project aims to break new ground in multiplayer, blending gameplay mechanics in new ways and deeply embedding storytelling elements into a unique universe. They are building an elite, diverse first-party team and this is your opportunity to help shape a future blockbuster!
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing render systems.
- Developing features for multiple platforms and different hardware capabilities
- Analysing different approaches to features to fit performance budgets
- Use your development experience to help mentor and guide more junior members of the coding team
- One or more years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with at least one shipped title
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine and C++
- Broad knowledge of GPU architecture and 3D vector maths
- Solid knowledge of contemporary graphics techniques
- Strong working knowledge of shaders
- Strong API design/software engineering skills
- Awareness of performance and memory footprints of different approaches or techniques
- CPU and GPU profiling experience
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Console development experience
- Experience with developing tools for artists
- Experience with Houdini
In 2012, Firesprite was founded by a group of creative veterans with years of industry experience. The studio have created some of the most memorable and exciting games, with a core focus to develop innovative and memorable experiences for players on cutting edge gaming hardware.