Senior Technical Animator
Smilegate - Barcelona, ES
Smilegate Barcelona is expanding and looking to add a Senior Technical Animator to act as a link between character modelers, animators, and programmers, ensuring that characters, cinematics, and gameplay animations are integrated into the game according to the game vision and technical limitations of the project.
You will establish tools and pipelines that support and improve character modelling, rigging, cinematic, and animation team creation workflows and integration into the Unreal engine.
- Define the animation and cinematic pipelines and assist the animation team in streamlining and optimizing Maya workflows.
- Support the animation team to implement character and prop animations into the Unreal engine.
- Collaborate with character riggers to define best working practices and create tools and character publishing pipelines.
- Support the mocap production and offer solutions to streamline
- Create blueprints and animgraphs inside the Unreal engine to support the implementation of animation systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Assist in planning and scheduling of technical animation production
- Research and share knowledge of existing VFX and AAA game working practices.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- 3-year experience in the video game industry as a technical animator
- Expertise at implementing animation tools and pipelines in Maya
- Experience at rigging and skinning photo-realistic characters in Maya
- Experience implementing characters and animations in Unreal engine
- Knowledge of a high-level coding language. (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Experience in motion capture techniques and Motion Builder is a plus
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.