As a Senior Technical Animator, you will be working on supporting their animation team, creating content, and mentoring team members on exciting unannounced titles. Their dynamic and quickly-growing art team is looking for a highly motivated individual to help nurture the team’s growth and have maximum impact on their games.
Rebellion North are a dynamic and growing team who relish challenges and punching above their weight. Their friendly & inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential in the fastest possible time.
- Develop and maintain clear documentation on tools, methods, training, processes along the animation pipeline
- Provide detailed input during the character creation process, from initial concept to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements
- Research new technologies and innovations to advance animation efficiency
- Be an effective communicator with code, design, art and animation to help deliver both performant and engaging game experiences
- Verify the quality of work, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Be an active mentor and role model for your team, whilst working to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm
- Prior experience in Unreal Engine on physics, simulation, and procedural setups
- Experience in scripting, tools, and pipeline development using Maya and MotionBuilder APIs
- Extensive experience in both keyframed and motion capture pipelines
- Ability to create retargeting and batching tools to deal with a large amount of data
- Strong knowledge with Motion Warping and Control Rig
- Solid knowledge of anatomy and body mechanics
- Prior knowledge of Pose Space deformations
- Expert knowledge of 3D software with a technical focus on rigging and skinning
- Strong demo reel that reflects experience
For 30 years, Rebellion have been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion they are proud of their open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. They love what they do, and they have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, they have complete creative freedom over their titles which allows them to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.