Senior Tools Programmer (Remote Options)
Build A Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
***This role can be worked on a remote basis and can report to either their Edinburgh or Budapest office***
Build a Rocket Boy are looking for an experienced Senior Tools Programmer to help extend their game editor and build tools for both development and in-game content creation. You will work closely with multiple departments to implement, maintain, and optimise tools and utilities used on current and future projects.
You’ll be joining a team currently working to develop EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure - one of the most anticipated titles in the industry at the moment.
For this role, you'll need to be a self-starter that can deliver work on time, and work well in a team of programmers, artists, and designers. They have studios based in Edinburgh or Budapest, and can also consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
As a Senior Tools Programmer, you will...
- Deliver high-quality tools and editor features
- Identify and debug technical problems quickly and efficiently
- Test, document, and maintain the code systems you implement
- Support other teams in the use of the game editor and engine features
- Plan solutions for complex tasks with your Lead and implement these with minimal guidance
- Mentor junior members of the team and communicate clearly with other team members
- Be vigilant for and report problems, delays, and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director
For this role, you'll need...
- 3+ years of C/C++ professional programming experience
- Excellent practical understanding of game editors and workflows
- Extensive algorithm and data structure skills (including time & space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance)
- Proven experience designing and optimising data formats
- Comprehensive understanding of multi-threading primitives & high-level networking concepts
- Fluent communication skillset
- Comfortability working in a cross-disciplinary team
- Ability to mentor junior staff
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working on tools in the game industry
- Credits shipping AAA PC and console titles
Build a Rocket Boy are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. They’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you are interested in applying for this role, get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.