Hexworks, a CI Games studio, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior VFX Artist to join their busy studios and support driving CI Games Studios forward as they experience exponential growth.
Founded in 2002, the studio has been creating globally recognised games for 20 years with their most popular franchise, Sniper Warrior, selling over 14 million copies! They currently have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline in Unreal Engine 5, with true ownership of their creative direction.
As a Senior VFX Artist at CI Games, you will be delivering a first-class experience, taking initiative, and maintaining passion for high quality work.
- Creation and development of VFX effects, especially particle systems for AAA standard games
- Ensure that the VFX effects are performant and supporting the desired visual style of the game
- Ensure that VFX supports and highlights gameplay in the best possible way
- Supporting the art team with feedback on visuals and performance, especially when it comes to achieving highly appealing effects
- Reporting directly to the Associate Lead VFX Artist
- Anticipating, identifying and articulating problem areas and developing preventative solutions
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 3+ years of experience in VFX, especially with game VFX
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1 title for PC and Consoles as a VFX artist
- Experience with Unreal Engine Niagara, Autodesk Maya/3D Studio Max, and other related software
- Able to find the balance between visual quality and real-time rendering performance
- Able to keep content relevant to the current projects art style and work within those limitations
- In-depth knowledge of VFX principals and good sense of timing and staging
- Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks across various projects and time-zones
- Ability to prioritise workload as well as being flexible and responsive to last minute changes
- High level of attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately at all levels
- Excellent proficiency in English
What they offer…
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- CI Games include attractive remuneration, holidays, and social events. Their studio’s inclusive environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages
This role also offers remote homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world whist you learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming forever!