TT Games are looking for a Systems Designer to take on a key role on an exciting new LEGO game based on a major IP.
As a Systems Designer at the studio, you will design and build high quality systems which support the vision and creative pillars of the game and IP, whilst creating and maintaining game system specifications, including meta-game, core systems, levelling, economy, and rewards systems.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Clearly pitching system designs and features and liaising with other designers and disciplines to ensure the systems are understood and supported in the game
- Regularly review and iterate on feedback from the lead and other designers, to meet the agreed quality bar
- Closely collaborate with other disciplines such as gameplay coders, artists, and animators, understanding their role and building a positive relationship to ensure that they are involved in the design process
- Follow design’s best practice, and ensure your work maintains stability & quality throughout development
- Work with the production teams & lead systems designer to verify that your task estimations are reasonable, communicating on progress and delivering your work to deadlines at quality
- Encourage a culture of professionalism, collaboration, and respect
The skills and experience you will need...
- Proven game design experience, with a title shipped in a systems design position
- Knowledge of game and systems design with an understanding of core systems, game progression, levelling, economy, balance, rewards, and usability
- Ability to describe approaches and techniques that deliver compelling game systems in modern games
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games for children and families
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in written form, with solid problem-solving skills
- Experience of scripting, ideally in Blueprint
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills
- Experience of UE4/ UE5 is an advantage
Perks and benefits include…
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Free online training courses and in-house learning resources
- Social Events
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With more than 30 years of success behind their studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.