Tech Lead (Remote Options)
Playerstate - London, UK
Aardvark Swift is currently supporting Playerstate in their search for a Tech Lead who has ambition to become a CTO in the near future. Playerstate is a user-generated content platform that allows players to become rewarded creators and allows game studios to incentivise any type of content creation.
Their vision is to become the digital home for gaming creators around the world. And they’re well on the way to achieving this, already working with some of the biggest names in the Web2 and Web3 gaming space.
If you’re looking for complete autonomy in a remote-first role, competitive compensation with a generous share package, and the chance to change the global games industry, then this is your opportunity.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with startup and growth stage business concepts. Not only a top-notch coder, but also an excellent communicator, with a track record in the delivery of excellent work. This position will lead the technology stack of the company. To do so, you must be a strategic thinker and have strong business acumen to plan ahead and be ready to execute our roadmap as they grow.
The Playerstate product team uses creativity, insights, and operational skills to steer product vision. The team works in a highly collaborative, remote environment to build the products and experiences that bring the community together in new and special ways.
As a Tech Lead, you will...
- Research, design, test, implementation, and maintenance of software systems to meet company’s needs
- Work with Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts, and other project stakeholders to implement application software/code based on varying levels of written requirements and verbal input/guidance.
- Work closely with the Interim CTO building up the delivery strategy for Playerstate
- Write readable and maintainable code that is adequately documented
- Code and verifying unit test of the work product and delivering unit testing with the frameworks .
- Proficiently use technology daily in development languages and tools which are required for a designated assignment
- Develop scalable applications at a world class level in quality, performance, and reusability
- Understand the agile development process in a self-governing team
- Assist with the MERN stack CI pipelines from a development perspective with the DevOps team
- Help peer review code from the team to ensure it meets coding standards
- Work with Product Manager to effectively estimate work
For this role, you'll need...
- Computer Science (or relevant degree) preferred but not essential
- 5+ years of work experience preferred
- A background with open source software is a plus
- 5+ years of MERN or MEAN stack software development
- Exceptional communicative English
- Automated unit testing and CI experience
- RESTful micro service expertise preferred
- Docker background desired
- Skills in problem solving, coding, unit-testing and debugging
- Understanding of classical and modern software development lifecycles and methods
- Familiarity with source code control and versioning concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts pictorially, orally or in writing
- Ability to learn business rules quickly by reading requirements, engaging in conversation, or reverse engineering
- Knowledge of database systems and an understanding of data structures, data normalisation, and query performance considerations, particularly Non-Relational/NoSQL databases including MongoDB.
- Familiar with Linux
- Ability to coach team members and help develop them
Just some of the benefits of working with Playerstate include...
- Remote-first & flexible culture that believes in outputs over clocking-in time
- Unlimited Leave (approved in advance)
- Exceptional Salary + Share Options
- Opportunity to grow as they scale
- Joining a team that is changing the global games industry
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Paul at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!