Technical Animator (Hybrid)
Torn Banner Studios are on the lookout for a passionate Technical Animator to join their team.
Torn Banner Studios recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to their multi-million copy selling original. They are a mid-sized independent video game studio with developers in Toronto and love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
As a Technical Animator, you will be handling the integration of animations in the game engine. You’ll be working directly with studio leadership, animators, and programmers to bring their characters alive and realize the vision of the game's combat.
- Develop and improve in-game animation systems and tools in collaboration with animators and designers
- Conduct prototyping efforts that include a risk assessment and close collaboration with programmers
- Improve or create pipelines where necessary
- Create and maintain documentation
- Support animators and designers with the integration when needed
- 3+ years of professional experience as a technical animator in the gaming industry, preferably with next-gen
- Digital Content Creation tools experience (Maya and Motion Builder preferable)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- Understanding and passion for video games
- Drive and ability to take on research and self-education
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 5
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python and C#/C++)
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Professional experience developing First Person Shooters
- Experience working over different time zones
- Formal education in 3D animation
- Understanding of animation in game-development production
- Relocation assistance
- 6.5 weeks paid vacation
- Game launch bonus structure
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let them know and they will work with you to provide accommodation.