Nequionox - Manchester, UK
Nequinox Studios are looking for a Technical Director to work on an ambitious new project in a friendly, inclusive and exciting studio.
Their new Technical Director will join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X, Switch and PC. You will help guide the technical foundation of our studio and manage the technical roadmaps across multiple projects. You will manage the technical development from concept to release and deliver excellent, high-quality games that achieve project initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time.
Although Nequinox pride themselves on their technical excellence, they are a creative bunch, actively generating ideas and bringing their collective skills, experiences and storytelling to our innovative creative process.
In this role, you will use your experience and passion for new technology and algorithms to improve the technical foundation of the studio, assess emerging technologies and manage the integration/creation of various SDKs, as well as drive key project initiatives with both developers and the internal department leads.
As the Technical Director ,you will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related Technical Degree or equivalent, a proven track record for leading and launching great games.
You'll also have...
- Shipped at least 2 full project cycles managing the project as a Technical Director, Principal or Senior Programmer
- A broad range of technical knowledge across all areas of games development, concepts, software, tools, and are able to contribute to the code base as needed
- Experience around build systems, automation, CSI, entire pipeline data flow from content creation to packaging builds
- Exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Exceptional C, C++ knowledge
- System and engine design and implementation
- Audit the technical quality of work produced for milestones
- Document systems and communicate those designs
- Contribute technical guidance to the studio roadmap
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with various groups from QA, localisation, marketing, Publishing, Production, Tech
- Produce summary information on projects technical state to upper management
- Appraise and mentor Senior Programmers
Bonus points if you have skills and experience with...
- C#, Python, Unreal engine 4/5
- Console development
- Custom engine creation
Nequinox is a family studio. that are focused on building great games and a strong work/life balance for our people and their families. they're passionate about diversity too, which is why they're part of the #RaiseTheGame diversity pledge.
Some of the benefits of working with Nequinox include...
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Discretionary bonuses
- Christmas closing
- State of the art office equipment
- Regular team lunches and socials (COVID allowing)
- Work/Life balance
- Family studio
- No crunch
Interested? Want to know more? Get in touch with Dave at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!